Tuesday, December 8, 2009

street sightings - Ford GT, Ford Zephyr and a Lotus

This morning I dropped my XF Pano off for some last minute pre-rego inspection items at Kelos. I walked over to the Mall, and passed two very nice cars parked in the streets of Belconnen. The first was this nice Lotus Elise.



Lotus Elise - 0-100 in 5 seconds. None too shabby.

The second was a very tidy 1968 Ford Falcon XT GT.  It looked immaculate, inside and out. From the factory, the XT GT came with a 302 cube Windsor V8 and put out around 320 BHP.





Very nice, I like the old school steel 5 slotters.



Last weekend I saw this old Mark II Zephyr Station Wagon parked in the KFC car park in Fyshwick. I took this shot on my camera phone. Im sure the camera tech specs arent as impressive as my 5 year old digital camera, but at least the phone didnt recently have a litre of motor oil poured accidentally over it.



The station wagon version was built only in Australia from late 1956 to 1960. In 1960, Ford Australia started building the far more modern US designed Ford Falcon.







No comments:

Post a Comment